I wish I could tell you how to get your kids to clean their rooms. But. sigh, I can’t do that. I am sorry to say I have kids that play with toys and wear a lot of clothes.
What I can tell you is how NOT to get your kids to clean their rooms
- Yell and scream at them – this has never worked for me, ever
- Bribe them – with toys, treats. This may work for one time but it does not get them to clean it on their own and keep it clean
- Ground Them until it is clean. Let me know if this one works for you
- Have impossibly high standards. You need to take into consideration the age of the child and how much you expect them to do.
- Threaten them with taking away all their toys/clothes/anything on the floor, if they don’t get it clean.
- Give them vague orders to go clean their room. You need to be specific on what you want done.
How do you make it easy for kids to clean their rooms?