Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Patron Saint of Messy Kitchens


(or if I was a patron Saint of something)
medival kitchen

Paula at Home in Douglas tagged me to do a new meme. Now I don’t always do these but this time I thought it would be a little fun.
Assuming you are a saint, and your cause has been executed, your miracles confirmed, your date on the calendar established, all that is required is to select that of which Holy Mother Church will name you Patron (ess) of.


For this meme, you must name your patronage
and then tag 5 other people who would like to play along.


Linking your answer to your nominator's post would make it easier to get your answers."
This is a hard question for me. I don’t consider myself anywhere near saintly.  I enjoy my glass of wine or two, I swear, from time to time, and I lose my temper. My house is not is clean as I would like it and I have unfinished projects. These are not exactly saintly qualities.
IMG_1600
However if I was to look at the little miracles that happen in my life one comes to mind very quickly. When I open my spice cupboard I always have what I want/need. Even if I swear it was not there yesterday. Since I like to cook and enjoy all sorts of spices and flavors this means a lot to me. I tend to thank my grandmother, God rest her soul when the spice I am looking for is in the cupboard. She was a well regarded cook in her day. My generation is still cooking her recipes.
Often as a home cook I start with just an idea and make it up as I go along. Surprisingly everything comes out tasting great, not saying I am a professional chef, but cooking is one of those things I do. I also am not a by the recipe sort of person To me, a recipe is just a suggestion, a starting off place not rules set in stone. so far, my family likes most of what I cook but not necessarily everyone likes everything.  Being able to put dinner on the table every night is a small miracle .
When I cook, I throw myself into it. I don’t just make dinner, I make 3-4 different things or meals at time. Because of this, my kitchen can get quite messy while I am cooking. Notice all the spices on the counter? Never had to go to the store to buy what I needed to make new recipes. IMG_6203
So after examining the evidence and the miracles presented I would have to say I am the patroness of Real Food, the Spice Cupboard, the Messy Kitchen, and Getting Dinner on the Table for the Family.
I am tagging
Working to be Worthy
Blueberries for Me
Mrs. 1st Lieutenant
Diwja at House Unseen
Artsy Nina
Have fun ladies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest