Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Waiting Watching Praying Hoping



Prayer
It can all change in an instant. We all dread the phone call. Today was a day we got one of the those phone calls. My husband’s mother had been in a car accident and was taken to the hospital. He had just arrived at work, called me at home and told me he was driving the two hours to the hospital.
Then the second call came. My mother in law was being transferred to a second hospital. There is no time to think when something like this happens. You just react and do what needs to be done. But perhaps the hardest part is the waiting. While my husband went to the hospital I waited here at home. I waited for him to get to the hospital, and then I waited for updates. Right now everything else seems trivial, the holiday preparations, the family quibbles and quibbles, None of it really matters. What matters now is that family is okay.
Watching Waiting and Praying
That is a classic theme of Advent. Except this year our watching has turned to watching the clock or  my phone for updates and phone calls. Our waiting is waiting for surgery to be over or a doctor to come out and tell us how she is doing. With all luck our waiting will be for her healing, mind, body and soul. Last but not least our praying has changed to praying for Grammy Sugar and her team of doctors.
Hoping
Today instead of hoping for the promise of Christmas and the birth of the redeemer we are hoping that Grammy Sugar makes it until her next surgery.
A friend said to me today “Feed Your Faith and Your Fears will Starve to Death”.  I will be doing my best to live by these words.
a special thanks to all you who have been with me and sharing your prayers on Facebook and Twitter. It means a lot to us.

4 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

I've been watching your updates on fb today. Praying for you and Grandma Sugar!

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad I checked your blog today. Saying a prayer for your whole family! Hang in there!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Thank you friends, I will post more updates on Facebook and twitter as we get them. Right now no news is good news. Grandma Lou, is arriving soon and will be staying for a while.

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest