Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Friday, May 4, 2012

7 Quick Takes



-1-
Well what can I say, but my husband has left. He has gone on a mission trip/retreat to Ireland. Father Kirby called and said, “come over here, we want you to help.” So off Dh has gone to the fledging monastery for ten days to help with renovations.

-2-
Dh will be gone for 10 days. 10 long days, this is a busy time of the year here for us, Field trips, Musical rehearsals, Dance performance photos, field day. But it will all be slowing down soon. After May 17th we will be done with School. Yes done with school. We will have 2 weeks of do nothing time., or at least do less time. No school and only dance class once a week. I will be flying solo until dh comes back. No one to stop at the store for me on the way home, there is no store on my way home from school. This happens when you live in the country.
-3-
The monks at Silverstream Priory are working on a 5 year plan to renovate and purchase the facility. The have a monumental task ahead of them. If you feel called to help them you can do so over on the side bar here. They are trying to raise more than $4 million dollars, so no donation is too small or large.
-4-
Speaking of field trips today I went with Pi on a filed trip to the Renaissance Fair. Lots of fun was had by all.
Ren Faire
-5-
It has been hot here. We are running 10 degrees above normal. We will be going back to normal here soon. But for now we are trying to stay cool.
swimming
-6-
We are doing a challenge here on the blog. Less is More –Blessed  Mother Theresa says it best  “The more you have, the more you are occupied. The less you have, the more free you are.” In order to be more free we are working on freeing up 20% of our belongs in the entire house. This week our focus was on the Master Bedroom, but you can start anywhere. Next week we will be focusing on the Kitchen so get ready.
-7-
Has never before been so excited for a May Crowing. This Sunday our little parish will do its May Crowing, and my Pumpkin will get to carry the crown. The best part is he is excited because one of his oldest and dearest friends will get to place the crown on Mary’s head. He is thrilled to do this with friend he has known for 5 of his 8 years.

for more 7 Quick Takes head over to Conversion Diary 

2 comments:

Holly said...

Hi there ... it's been a while since I've been out blog reading and catching up. It's nice to see you are still blogging. I started back to school and wasn't active for a while, but I've been getting back in the swing of things. I'm still doing "Pay It Forward if your interested. Stop by if you have time.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

nice to see you again Holly, I have been keeping up with the blogging but it is busy season for us here as you can tell. I will be sure to stop by though.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest