Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wordless Wednesday - Family Celebrations



Our little School had its annual Academic Gala the other night. I would like to give you an idea on how big our school is.  The top ten percent in each grade in high school were recognized. That meant 5 students per grade. Yup we have about 50 students per grade in High School. 604 Students from Pre-K to 12th for a public school district. It really is smaller than many private schools in town and the teachers make it like a family.
GEDC0382-001
My Pumpkin had his 8th Birthday this past weekend. I can hardly believe it!

We celebrated by going out to eat, just mom and dad with the little guy and then to a Ball Game. Eight years old is a big year at our house. typically with a fancy restaurant, but since we had just gone out to eat at a white table cloth restaurant the week before my boy opted for something simpler. An Irish Pub and a trip to the minor league baseball game.

GEDC0340GEDC0350GEDC0378
Yes my son’s cake says Happy Birthday Avengers – that is what he wanted according to dh who took him to pick out the cake. The flowers are for his sisters.
We were not planning on any gifts as the night out was supposed to be it but the sisters wanted to get him gifts so we obliged. They are all looking at the the Dangerous Boys Book.

How about you have your celebrated anything with your family lately?

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Yesterday was my daughters 13th birthday. We celebrated by making homemade ice cream and homemade blueberry jam. She didn't want cake. She loves to make things. Then at night they went to look for a gun for her trap class in 4-H. She is petite but they did find a gun that will fit her. The gun will be ours but hers to use. She is so excited about this.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Happy Birthday day to your daughter Debbie! I know many girls in our area who would be happy with a gift like yours. The country life is grand isn't it?

I Thought I Knew Mama said...

Looks like so much fun!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Thanks Charise, these are the things you will have to look forward as your littles grow. It is still fun.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest