While many are preparing for Black Friday- (my girls among them) I am thinking of many other things I would love to do instead of standing in line in the dark cold night only to run into a store to pushing people down to get that bargain or great deal. Black Friday shopping is not my idea of fun. Not to mention I like to have my shopping done by Thanksgiving so I can enjoy Advent.
While there are many reasons that you don’t need to go out bargain shopping on Black Friday I will not go into those here. But you can read some of those reasons here and here.
Instead I am going to offer some alternatives to Black Friday Shopping
- Go out to Breakfast with your Family
- Many cities have runs the day after Thanksgiving – go burn off those calories from Thanksgiving Dinner
- Go to a Museum or Zoo
- Clean out your closet and purge 20 items – Load it up in the car and drop off at a local Charity
- Get your Car ready for the Winter – clean out the trunk and put your “winter” stuff in the trunk – boots hats, gloves, blanket
- Finish up those last few outside yard chores and winterize the house
- Have a family game tournament
- Start a neighborhood football/soccer game
- Get out your Advent Wreath and Nativity Set – Set them up
- Go to see a family friendly movie
- Have a Homemade Black Friday – get together with some friends or the kids and make gifts, enjoy leftovers.