I guess I wear dresses a lot more than I don’t, because the other day a mom at school commented on the fact that I am always “dressed up” her words. I don’t consider myself dressed up. That is what you do for a wedding. I don’t wear heels I wear sensible comfortable shoes. When this mom said that I dress up she meant that I dress up too much for our little country school.
She probably saw my outfit more as this
When in reality I dress more like this
I really don’t think I am over dressed for what I do. I teach part time at our school, and I wear comfortable clothes.
So why do I wear dresses and skirts so much?
- A dress is an easy way to get dressed in the morning. I don’t have to worry about what top to wear with it or bottoms to wear with it.
- Dresses and skirts fit my curves better than pants and jeans ever did or will.
- I look more put together in a dress or skirt.
- A dress is more forgiving if you happen to gain some weight or just feel a little bloated.
- I just happen to like dresses and skirts, I did as a girl and still do. Matter of fact as a little girl I played in dresses all the time, even climbing trees in them.
- Wearing a dress or skirt lets me wear leggings and that is a nice comfy feeling.
Now don’t think that I wear dresses and skirts all the time. Because that is not so. I do wear pants or jeans, but sometimes I just feel like wearing a skirt or a dress.
How about you? Are you more of a dress person or a pants person? When you get ready to head out for a meeting or school or just running errands what do you like to wear?