Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Friday, January 13, 2012

7 Quick Takes




-1-
I am trying out a new to me diet, in an attempt to clear up some health problems and potentially lose weight. (Which I seriously need to do). If you have not already read about it here you can do so. But in a quick summary it is a gluten-free, dairy free vegetarian diet. Now I have been vegan before and I have been eating gluten free for some time, but never at the same time. After a week of dipping my toe into this diet, meaning I did not know all the requirements I have lost 2lbs without even trying or ever being hungry. I KNOW! I am aiming for a 6 week reboot on this program that, that will be enough to change detox my body. For some it is not and I will have to go to the next step; Juicing for Life.
-2-
Thanks for all your prayers for my mother in law, Judy Stice. She is slowly improving. The doctors are not that positive but only time will tell what sort of recovery she will make.
-3-
Keeping my mother in law in mind, my husband has ordered some relics from Blessed Selios and has her on a prayer list at the shrine. He has been attributed to some miracles lately. Now is the time to pull out the big guns. She was strong enough to make it this far, through 4 surgeries now we need her mind to get strong.
-4-
My daughters are auditioning for their first musical, at school. Right now I have two songs stuck in my head, at the same time. So to get them out I am giving them to you. My youngest is singing this song. It is so appropriate for her personality voice and the fact that even though she is 11 she is still very much a little kid.

Narnia–The Call
Now if my little Peanut can just get past her bashfulness. It would be easier for her to perform on a stage in front of an audience than to audition in front of her friends. And she has a perfectly lovely voice when she can find it.

-5-



Pi has a beautiful voice and when we were looking for songs for her the best choices were blues or classical. Think church music or Adele. Yup my 13 year old sounds like that. In looking for churchy music that would be sellable we settled upon The Sound of Music. My oldest is now s going around the house singing Do-Re –Mi from the Sound of Music, she is doing her best Julie Andrews impression there too. But what gets me going is that she does not sound like a little kid, she has a full voice and knows how to use it . I on the other hand sound like a dying frog when I sing.  An interesting fact. My sister in law’s aunt was once the personal chef for Julie Andrews. Yup, we are hoping to get an introduction one day.
-6-
As I write this is is Friday the 13th. The first of 3 this year. Are you superstitious? Many people have a real fear of Friday the 13th.  There are so many legends and superstitions about Friday 13th. instead of going into them here I am just going to avoid walking under a ladder while carrying a black cat. How about you, how do you feel about Friday the 13th?
-7-
I am a happy flea, today I took care of those little things that make me happy, like getting the oil changed in my car and getting a cord of wood delivered. For those who do not know I heat my house with wood.  Of course, now that I have had the wood delivered the next week will be in the 60’s and 50’s.
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

So nice to visit your blog via Jen's links.
My funny "Friday the 13th" story goes back 15 years, when I was giving birth to my son...December...blizzard...in the labor room...nearing transition...and ALL THE LIGHTS WENT OUT in the entire hospital...I'm panicking and my husband and doctor are saying (IN THE DARK) "Dooooooon't worry....evvvvvverything's fiiiine", to which I replied, of course, "That's easy for YOU to say...you are not trying to have a baby in the DARK!" LOL Anyway, I've enjoyed your Quick Takes and wish your girls the best of everything in their performances:)

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

What a Friday the 13th story. I now have one two, after I wrote this post I had not one but TWO flat tires. Everything ended well but it was certainly inconvenient.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest