Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Up Cycling for Halloween

Up Cycling a Halloween  a T-shirt into Trick or Treat Bag

Halloween is fast approaching, My kids are making plans on what to dress up for. My 7 year old son wants to be a Ninja, so he can sneak up on people.  My 11 year old who is not too old to trick or treat wants to be a fairy.  I am sure these costumes will change about 3 times before Halloween. But I am still making plans for what to do.  I found my self with a free 15 minutes last Friday. I decided to put these too small Halloween t-shirts to good use.

IMG_8262IMG_8261



I made Trick or Treat Bags for the kids. When I was a kid my mom would let us take paper grocery bags and decorate them as our trick or treat bags. While I loved this tradition I use cloth bags for shopping. So I decided to make cloth bags for the kids for trick or treating. It was super easy. lemon squeezie as my kids would say. Did I mention it only took 15 minutes to do both bags?

I started by removing sleeves from the t-shirts.

IMG_8263Then I turned the t-shirts inside out. I ran a zig zag stitch down the bottom of the t-shirt to close up the bottom of the shirt and make it a bag. It is times like this I wish I had a serger, but I am still intimidated by them.

IMG_8264IMG_8266

I repeated the process with the jack-o-lantern t-shirt. I decided it needed a little bit bigger neck hole so I enlarged it. The nice thing about cotton jersey is that it does not fray, so there is no need to finish the edges.



IMG_8269IMG_8270



Now two kids have trick or treat bags. They are excited about how much candy they can put in these bags.

IMG_8272IMG_8268


For more great ideas check out Your Green Resouce



ordination 088-1Hi, I am Lisa – The Granola Catholic. I am a wife to a Catholic Deacon and mother to three great kids. I am passionate about Real Food and all things green. You can find my blogging  when I am not playing chauffeur to my kids volunteering, or trolling the thrift stores for my latest thrifty find. You can follow me on Twitter @GranolaCatholic and find on Facebook 

1 comment:

Andrea @ The Greenbacks Gal said...

Very, very clever! Thank you for linking!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest