The first time I had Pineapple Salsa I was staying at the Peabody hotel in Orlando. I fell in love with the concept immediately and I have been making it it ever since. What I love about this recipe is that it so forgiving and allows me to use variations on the ingredients. When I am in a hurry I use canned pineapple, and frozen peppers and onion mix. When I have more time I grill the ingredients for another layer of flavor. Grilling seems to bring out more sweetness in the ingredients.
- a yellow onion
- one red pepper – key to the color
- one green pepper
- one cup of pineapple.
- one bunch of cilantro ( a good handful)
- Chop all ingredients to about bite size.
- In a cast iron skillet or on a grill pan (no worry about small pieces falling through). Cook the pineapple and vegetables.
- Equally good with fish, chicken, pork, beans or by itself with a spoon.
For more great food ideas visit. Food Renegade