The next four weeks will be absolutely crazy for us here. Actually it has been already. Holy week is one of the busiest times of the year for my husband as a deacon, and he does work a full time job too. We are in the middle of state testing at school, with proms, field trips, musical performances, track meets and on and on. For many of us we have “seasons” that we are busy. Whether it is the college student who has to juggle work and finals, or the mom who has 3 kids in 4 sports. I normally try to keep our schedule a little open but the girls are getting more involved in school, sports and drama. Lucky for us school ends in about one month. You read that right we will be done May 17th. However it does not seem like summer will be any slower.
So what is one to do when one gets too busy.
- Eat Breakfast Every Day – even if it is just a piece of fruit and a handful of nuts, take the time to eat something.
- Take 15 minutes each day to look over your schedule, make sure you know where you are going when
- Be sure to drink enough water every day
- Go to bed – Yes I know that there is a lot to get done, hopefully this season will be over soon, sometimes we can catch up on laundry and housecleaning later
- Have a go to outfit or two that you can wear just about everywhere. I have my favorite Little Black Dress. I absolutely love it because I can dress it up or down, it can be casual or elegant, it takes me from day to night, teaching to meetings, to kids practices. The best part is that I can wear it more than one way and more than once a week and no one notices.
- Pick one chore and keep up with it. For me it is the dishes. If the dishes are done and the sink is empty I feel instantly better and I feel like I can make a quick dinner, and dinner is always good.
- Take 5 minutes for prayer or quiet time. Yes sitting
hidingin the car while kids are at practice counts
- Smile and take a deep breath. Remember you do not need to do everything
- Ask for help. Ask your family, ask your neighbors and ask your friends. Your kids can do more than you think they can.