I just love allspice paired with pork. In this case Pork Tenderloin. And Pineapple is, in my opinion a natural for any pork, not just ham. Bonus is that pork cuts usually go on sale in the fall. I got this 1 lb. tenderloin for $1.99/pound. Tonight I served it with snow peas. But it is yummy over rice as well.
- Pork tenderloin 3-4 oz. for each person
- Allspice to taste
- 1 can of pineapple juice
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro- of a good handful
- Cut the pork tenderloin into bite sized pieces.
- Season it with Allspice. I like to season liberally.
- Brown the meat in a cast iron pan. I find that cast iron pans brown meat more evenly.
- After the meat is browned add the pineapple juice from the can to the skillet.
- Continue to cook the meat in the pineapple juice until thoroughly cooked through.
- Top with homemade Pineapple Salsa.