Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pineapple Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa

IMG_7311
I just love allspice paired with pork. In this case Pork Tenderloin. And Pineapple is, in my opinion a natural for any pork, not just ham.  Bonus is that pork cuts usually go on sale in the fall. I got this 1 lb. tenderloin for $1.99/pound. Tonight I served it with snow peas. But it is yummy over rice as well.
Ingredients

  • Pork tenderloin 3-4 oz. for each person
  • Allspice to taste
  • 1 can of pineapple juice
  • 1 red pepper sliced
  • 1 green pepper sliced
  • 1 onion sliced
  • 1 bunch of cilantro- of a good handful

Directions
  1. Cut the pork tenderloin into bite sized pieces.
  2. Season it with Allspice. I like to season liberally.
  3. Brown the meat in a cast iron pan. I find that cast iron pans brown meat more evenly.
  4. After the meat is browned add the pineapple juice from the can to the skillet.
  5. Continue to cook the meat in the pineapple juice until thoroughly cooked through.
  6. Top with homemade Pineapple Salsa.




    5 comments:

    Daily Grace said...

    Sounds wonderful!Oh, I took the honey challenge...I liked it as a facial wash. I am going to stick to it!

    Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

    Pineapple Salsa is soo yummy. Just don't mix it with the honey facial wash. You might be tempted to eat it all!

    Tmuffin.com said...

    Yum. I love pineapple salsa. On anything. It's so satisfying... the sweet and salty thing!

    By the way, I've been loving reading your blog, and I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award on my blog! Come check it out :)

    Traci Michele said...

    yum! thanks for sharing.

    Love, Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

    Stop by anytime!

    April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

    This sounds delicious! I love the idea of adding allspice to the pork - what a gorgeous flavour it would give. Thank you for sharing this recipe with the Hearth and Soul blog hop.

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest