Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 12, 2012

10 Things You Probably Did not Know About Me


IMG00370
  1. I have a degrees in French and Linguistics, really. I also have a B.S. in Business. I loved college and learning.
  2. When I was younger I wanted to be an archeologist or a anthropologist. My role models were the Leakey’s and Indiana Jones.
  3. I was turned on to the world of herbs and natural healing by reading the  Clan of the Cave Bear Book, I read the series sometime in college and quickly started using herbs first in cooking and then branched out into other natural cures.
  4. I met my husband while working a summer job, he walked into the local store I was working at then he turned up the next day at the Boy Scout Camp, he was my brother’s boss that summer, definitely some divine intervention in that one.
  5. I have worked in non profit management, retail management, education and sales. but by far the most rewarding job I have had is being a mother, really, I know it is a cliché but it is true.
  6. I am an introvert. Some who know me, may not believe this, even those of you who only know me via my blog or Facebook page, as I am a bit outspoken on topics I am passionate about but truth be told I am happy at home or in a small group, I crave alone time, and time to be quiet.For those of you are familiar with Meyers Briggs I am an INTJ, this explains why I love to research some the topics that I cover on this blog
  7. I have swum in a hurricane and walked across the cauldron of an active volcano but I will not skydive or bungee jump.
  8. I had other career aspirations in addition to anthropologist when I was younger, I wanted to be writer in the vein of Laura Ingalls, of Louisa May Alcott.
  9. I also wanted to be an architect, I would design house and fill them with furniture  at least on paper.
  10. I am reluctant to try new things, but once I have made the decision to commit to something I commit all the way. 

1 comment:

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

I'm an introvert, too. On Myers-Briggs, I'm always IN. The other two can vary from time to time, depending on whether I'm focusing on home or work (when I used to work in the corporate world).

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest