This is such a great way to enjoy some Fix and Forget it BBQ, I happened to have a pork tenderloin but you could very easily use beef. My lovely pork tenderloin came from my meat share from Natural Farms.
- pork tenderloin
- 1-2 onions, sliced
- molasses 1/4 cup
- apple cider vinegar 1/2 cup
- 1 can of tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- I prepared a dry rub for the pork made up of cumin (for a nice smokey flavor) and allspice. I feel that allspice is the perfect match for all pork.
- Brown pork in a cast iron skillet
- While the pork is browning begin to prepare the BBQ Sauce, it will cook in the crock pot right with the pork. To prepare BBQ Sauce combine in the crockpot
- 1 can of tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- generous shake of cumin
- genius shake of allspice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- While meat is browning add the sliced onions to skillet and begin to sauté them.
- When meat is browned on all sides remove from cast iron pan and add to crock pot.
- Continue to sauté the onions till translucent, add 2 tsp. of molasses to the pan and 1 tbsp. of cider vinegar to the onions.
- Add the onions to the crock pot.
- Cook for about 4-6 hours or until meet is fork tender.