Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Crock Pot BBQ Pork Tenderloin



Crockpot BBQ pork
This is such a great way to enjoy some Fix and Forget it BBQ, I happened to have a pork tenderloin but you could very easily use beef. My lovely pork tenderloin came from my meat share from Natural Farms.
Ingredients
  • pork tenderloin
  • allspice
  • cumin
  • 1-2 onions, sliced
  • molasses  1/4 cup
  • apple cider vinegar 1/2 cup
  • 1 can of tomatoes, chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced

 Directions
  • I prepared a dry rub for the pork made up of cumin (for a nice smokey flavor) and allspice. I feel that allspice is the perfect match for all pork.
  • Brown pork in a cast iron skillet
  • While the pork is browning begin to prepare the BBQ Sauce, it will cook in the crock pot right with the pork. To prepare BBQ Sauce combine in the crockpot
    • 1 can of tomatoes, diced
    • 1/4 cup of molasses
    • 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
    • generous shake of cumin
    • genius shake of allspice
    • 3 garlic cloves minced
  • While meat is browning add the sliced onions to skillet and begin to sauté them.
  • When meat is browned on all sides remove from cast iron pan and add to crock pot.
  • Continue to sauté the onions till translucent, add 2 tsp. of molasses to the pan and 1 tbsp. of cider vinegar to the onions.
  • Add the onions to the crock pot.
  • Cook for about 4-6 hours or until meet is fork tender.
I served it with German Potato Salad ,Marinated Chick Peas and Corn on the Cob. Alternatively you can use Carolina Style BBQ Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest