Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Real Food can be REAL Easy

Real Food Whole Health





There is a common assumption that Real Food has to be Real Hard, that it takes a lot of time that it is expensive.  I disagree. Yes Real Food does take some work. You are not reheating and serving, unless YOU previously made it. I do not make everything all day from scratch, nor do I spend all day in the kitchen cooking. Some of my meals take less than 20 minutes. Some of are easy crockpot meals.
MYTH
Real Food takes a lot of time. Last week I made Breakfast for Dinner. A meal like that  can be ready in less than 30 minutes at home. I made  Eggs, Buckwheat Pancakes, Fresh Pineapple, Real Maple Syrup and Bacon. How easy was this meal. I used a prepared box mix, my eggs I bought at school from one of the FFA students, the bacon I got at Aldi’s. as I did the pineapple.
 Cost break down
Eggs $1.00 (6 eggs at $1 for 12 – for pastured chickens)
Buckwheat Pancake Mix  $2.09
Pineapple .99
Bacon    1.89
 Real Maple Syrup $1.11 an ounce – mom pours it on
Total cost  $8.19 for a family of 5
Cost per person $1.64


I am linking this up with Food Renegade Fight Back Friday     Traditional Tuesdays @ Cooking  Traditional Foods     The Nourishing Gourmet's Pennywise Platter Thursday




1 comment:

Plain Catholic said...

We bought a yard sale juicer and have been enjoying mango orange smoothies and slushies. Delish and nutrish.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest