Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wordless Wednesday

I gave the camera to  Pi  took off with my camera this past Sunday. We were downtown at the Cathedral for  a confirmation mass. So we took advantage of that and went to a couple downtown arts festivals. Stormy Skies were brewing,. They  make great pictures, so does Art Deco Architecture. Put the two together = magic. Unfortunately.  these storms brought great destruction. While we were able to enjoy the beauty of these storm building storm clouds others were witness to the destruction.  By the time we got home and turned on the news to check the weather we found out that tornadoes were already bouncing around the area. Within a couple of hours an F5 (the strongest type with winds in excess of 216 - 318 mph) For a girl from the coast who is used to Hurricanes this wind speed is inconceivable.
If you are interested in donating or helping can go here  to help those affected Catholic Relief Services and Joplin Mo Tornado Recovery American Red Cross

IMG_4580IMG_4615
IMG_4572IMG_4609IMG_4581IMG_4643IMG_4597IMG_4645

4 comments:

Travel With Lulu said...

Beautiful photos!

I have to say I remember well (and don't miss) the tornado season in Oklahoma. I just heard you had a few yesterday? Hope all is well
XOLaura (via Outdoor Wed)

One Rich Mother said...

great pictures. that last one has got to be my favorite though. so pretty.

Linda said...

Really terrific photos!!!

Glad to be following you now...

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Thanks everyone- we did have some here in the state yesterday. And to quote the weatherman/storm chaser who was looking at the actual storm just west of my house. " Those are some real ScAry looking clouds". But all is well here. The sun is shinning and the birds are singing again.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest