Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Monday, May 30, 2011

What you need to know before you go–Memorial Day

Many of us are heading out to celebrate with friends and family today, lots of food, swimming and fun . But before you go here are some things you should know.
  1. Drowning does not look like what you think


2. Bacteria does not take a Holiday.
Any food you transport needs to transported at the right temperature. For uncooked meats that is under 40 degrees. Use a separate cooler with plenty of ice. For fully cooked meat it needs to be chilled before transporting.


3. The Sun Does not take a Holiday and you can still get a Sunburn even if it is Cloudy
Even if it is cloudy you need sunscreen for your family.  There has been quite a discussion lately over on Growing a Green Family about which sunscreen gives you the most bang for your buck. But the best sunscreen in my opinion is a physical one. Use clothing as a sunblock. Hat, SPF cover up. Even a light weight long sleeve shirt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest