Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

In My Neck of the Woods - Holiday Trip to Urgent Care

In My Neck of the Woods a holiday means something different. It means someone is going to get hurt/sick and need a trip to Urgent Care or heaven forbid even the ER, because even the Urgent Care is closed.  Yes they close early on holidays.
IMG_4806This holiday it was Pumpkin’s turn to make the visit. She was quite insistent about it too. She got an early start to the holiday trips too. On Thursday she looked like she had been ‘SMACKED’  with a branch across her face while romping in the woods.(1) Then at practice that night she tweaked her wrist doing back tucks. Possible sprain, but that is nothing new for her.  But wait that’s not all 

(2)The red mIMG_4764ark on her face became this a beautiful case of poison ivy. So after church Sunday morning off to Urgent Care we went. Steroids for Pumpkin, to calm her angry face down. Her face swelled up so bad this pic is as open as her eye would get. But wait that’s not all
Because on Memorial Day, she was putting puppies in the house and closing the sliding glass door. (3) She forgot to take her finger out of the door and slammed it closed on her finger. IMG_4794-2Did you know that frozen vegetables make great cold compresses? I thought we may be making another trip to Urgent Care but after some ice –corn  and some ibuprophen she was fine. Halleluiah





For more great In my Neck of the Woods stories check out The Real Housewives of Oklahoma


Technorati Tags: ,

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Poor baby! I hate having to take my kids to the ER. It never turns out well.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

We are lucky to have an Urgent Care near by. I swear we spend more time there then at our regular Dr. Office. My kids always seem to get sick/hurt after hours/on holidays/weekends.

Holly said...

I found you through the Tuesday Blog Hop~great site you have here! Sorry to hear about the Urgent Care visit ... bummer.

My daughter will be glad I found you. She's a big sustainable living supporter. I aspire to be more like you, but for now, I'm more a sustainable wannabe.

I'm looking forward to reading that June announcement about your hubby. :-D

Patty said...

OH my gosh! Poor baby!

Real Housewives of Oklahoma said...

Oooh - sounds like SO much fun.
I was the kid who always got hurt, but she has the worst luck of all!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

RHOK - she hit the trifector this time. Hate to say it but for two holidays it was me who made the trip.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

When my son was younger, we learned never to use the word "adventure" when anticipating a vacation. If we did, something would always go wrong.

Sorry your holidays are spent getting to know the local ER staff!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Ellen, sometimes it is not the kids who go to the ER, there have been some holidays when it has been me, and it has not been all cooking accidents either. I guess we are that sort of family who only gets hurt after hours.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest