Buckwheat Soba Noodles
White Ginger (Galangal)
1-2 lbs.' of Chicken Breast
Cornstarch to cover meat
- Season chicken breast with cornstarch, galangal(white ginger) - get at Asian store, minced ginger, ginger jelly and minced garlic * the ginger jelly gives a sweet spicy taste to the dish
- Brown the meat in a Dutch oven
- Add enough liquid – Chicken Broth to simmer the meat until cooked through.
- Remove meat from Dutch oven.
- Add remaining Chicken Broth to the pan.
- Meanwhile cook up a enough buckwheat noodles for each person.
- Layer in a bowl for each person, one leaf of bok choy or nappa cabbage , a serving of noodles, and the chicken
- Ladle the broth over the bowl and garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Eat and Enjoy