Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

IMG_6160
Today is my first time participating in Fadra’s Stream of Consciousness.  I did this with 3 girls ages 10-12 who were sleeping over. It was interesting to hear what was in their brains. Believe it or not one little girl wrote a well thought out story about her dog’s birthday.
disclaimer – I wrote this on less than 6 hours of sleep, so I am not responsible if  what I wrote make no sense.
 Here we Go.
Is sitting here at 7:30 in the morning with the girls who slept over last night with my daughter. They are doing this challenge too. I know weird activity for a a sleepover but, what can I say? I have been writing since I was in about 4th grade. I absolutely love writing and when I was their age my role models were Louisa May Alcott and Laura Ingles Wilder.
Speaking of such did you ever notice that as writers they both had 3 names? Weird huh? I understand Laura Ingalls Wilder, one is her maiden name and the other her married but What is up with Louisa May Alcott?
As I got older and had already read every thing wirtten by them, I have also read the Lost writings of theirs, I have read other writers take on them too, Inspired Stories so to speak. What is it about two authors from the 19th century that still capture readers imaginations?  I not only loved their writtings I wanted to BE them as a little girl.
Technorati Tags:

10 comments:

Melisa S. said...

I think it was the way the wrote the women in their story! Strong and bold...who wouldn't want to grow up to be the same? I wanted to be Judy Blume!

Anonymous said...

I wish sleepovers involved SOC writing when I was a kid! How fun :)
May I also submit Frances Hodgson Burnett - writer of my favorite book as a young girl, and also a three name author!

SOC Sunday Linkup

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Oh Ladies, what Great authors, I loved Judy Blume, and Frances Hodgson Burnett, too. Books were definitely my friend as the only girl growing up in a neighborhood dominated by boys. To get some alone time, I used to climb a tree, in the summer and read my favorite book from up there.

Melissa said...

SOC at a sleep over is a REALLY good idea!! Definitely a fun task. I loved writing as a child as well, I made a big blog post about a week and a half ago about writing when I was young. I am trying to get back into it now as an adult, and I fear I have lost some of my creativity!

Our family said...

I LOVE this idea ... at a sleep over ... and so would my daughter. She says writing is like breathing ... she just needs to :-)
And hey - its my first week joining SOC Sunday too!

Ashlee said...

I am in complete agreement with Mommy This and That in that their strong characters make them so readable year after year! I also agree with EVERYONE about SOCS at a sleepover! WHAT a cool idea! Can't wait to have kiddos of my very own so I can make them do writer things with me :)

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

thanks for all the feed back ladies - you can bet I will be doing this next week. Even if it means I have to do it ahead of time.

tabithakristine said...

I have to admit, if I would have gone to a friend's house where we got to participate in an SOCS type event, I probably would have wanted to move in.

all.things.fadra said...

I love that you did this with the girls. It's so good to get kids to stretch their imaginations and exercise their creativity. Yay!

And as for me and literature? Well, we never got along. While all you writer types were reading fine books, I was reading the Choose Your Own Adventure books from the library and trying to cheat so I would always have a happy ending!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Fadra,I loved those books too. Actually I read anything I could get my hands on. Even non-fiction as a kid. I still do. I probably read more non-fiction these days then literature. Though I do make my kids read literature. Guess that is the latent English Teacher in me.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest