Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Brussel Sprouts with Proscuitto and Pine Nuts.

IMG_5750T
This dish might not sound frugal since last time I checked prosciutto was $10 a lbs.  But in reality, prosciutto is so full of flavor that a little goes a long way and the same can be said for the pine nuts.
This recipe is very forgiving, if you are vegetarian omit the prosciutto, if you like you can serve it over a pasta or add some parmesan cheese.  My son’s favorite pasta is currently an artichoke flour pasta.
You will need
  • 1-2 lbs. of brussel sprouts
  • 4 oz. of prosciutto
  • 1 tbs of butter
  • 1 tbs of olive oil
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  1. Core and slice the brussel sprouts in half.
  2. Crush and chop your garlic add to the skillet and sauté
  3. In a cast iron skillet melt butter, add olive oil so butter will not burn.
  4. Crush and chop your garlic add to the skillet and sauté  in olive oil and butter
  5. Add your brussel sprouts. Toss to coat with butter and olive oil and pan roast them.  You may choose to roast in an oven at 450 degrees, but they cook rather quickly and may burn this way.
  6. Chop your prosciutto, and add to the pan to warm.
  7. In a separate pan roast your pine nuts.  Sprinkle over your brussel sprouts.
If you are serving with pasta, serve it over the pasta and grate some fresh parmesan cheese over top. As for me I prefer mine naked.
This dish naked  would serve 2-3 or with pasta 4-5.

For more Great Recipes check out Penny Wise Platter Thursday    Good Cheap Eats,   Simple Lives ThursdayFight Back Friday at the Food RenegadeBeauty and Bedlam

6 comments:

pam said...

looks yummy!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

It was ! A quick and easy lunch too.

Jason@JLHealth said...

Wow....I can imagine how delicious this would be over a bed of pasta!

Great post and thanks for sharing at the hearth and soul hop.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

@ Jason - it is good over pasta, but I was hungry enough I did not want to wait for any pasta.

MrsJenB said...

As a person who loathed brussels sprouts as a child, I was so surprised to rediscover them as an adult! :) They're so good. Now I have to get some proscuitto!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

So glad you like them, they are an acquired taste and I guarantee you will like them pan roasted.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest