Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Thursday, June 16, 2011

What Dad Really Wants for Father’s Day



Father’s Day is just around the corner. And some of us still need to take care of Father’s Day gifts. I know that for me this is has been a crazy June. I just got my Awesome Father’s Day  gift for my husband today. I had spotted it back in May.
There is still time to get a  gift though, so what to get Dad for Father’s Day?
First lets ask the most important question. What do Dad’s want? I took an unscientific pool and here are the top answers in no particular order
  1. More affection from mom – that special type that Dads really like.
  2. Spending a good day with the family – going to the park, lake or pool, even a picnic in the backyard.
  3. Playing a Game with the kids, baseball in the front yard,  chess, whatever Dad's game is. 
  4. Good meal – breakfast, a grilled meal
  5. A Nap or to Sleep in – We all could use this one.  
  6. A Day off from Household Responsibilities.- to be King for the Day.
It also goes without saying that Dad’s appreciate any home made or thoughtful gift from their kids or wives. I know that Dad’s really appreciate the thought behind the gift.  It is the thought that tells them you understand and really know them.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Not a kindle gift certificate? Cause that's what I was gonna do...

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Jackie, If dad is a reader and enjoys his Kindle I am sure he would enjoy the gift certificate. I remember one year all my Dad wanted was homemade strawberry shortcake, something my mom did not make. So I made him the whole thing from scratch, just for him. Dad's want meaningful gifts not just random cologne and ties.

jo said...

It's so true, meaningful gifts are what is so appreciated. This year it is also my birthday and our children are little concerned how to give both of us the same attention..We have a tradition with serving breakfast in bed for birthdays and Mother's and Father's Days..We both will enjoy getting breakfast in bed and it doesn't bother us to share the day..

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Happy Birthday Jo. This year we are also celebrating duel days, G - will be getting up early for church to give his first homily and may even leave before the little ones are up. So, I have been toying with giving him his gifts at church.

pam said...

Great post, and my DH is taking advantage of this special day already and has not moved from the couch for 3 hours. I am about to rouse him up so his behind doesn't get numb.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

too funny Pam. I felt bad about spending the evening inside watching a movie but it is still HOT outside.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest