Sometimes it is soo hard for me to write a recipe down. I am a little of this, a little of that sort of cook. This is one of those recipes that I tweak just about every time I make it. It all depends on what I have on hand. It is still too early to have local tomatoes so I went with some good organic canned ones.
- One large can of organic tomatoes diced
- Garlic scapes (optional) taking advantage of purchase at farmers market
- Green Pepper sautéed
- Onion sautéed
- Fresh Basil – if not available use dried
- Fresh Oregano if not available use dried
Put it all together
- Dice the green peppers and onion.
- In a Dutch Oven or large Cast Iron skillet. Sauté the peppers and onion in olive oil
- Cut the garlic scapes into smaller pieces
- Add the tomatoes to the pan, with the liquid
- Cook down the ingredients
- Add the fresh herbs after the tomatoes have been heated through
This recipe can be tweaked however you like with fresh tomatoes when in season, use garlic instead of garlic scapes. Use what is fresh and available