Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Simple Tomato Sauce

IMG_4755-1
Sometimes it is soo hard for me to write a recipe down. I am a little of this, a little of that sort of cook. This is one of those recipes that I tweak just about every time I make it. It all depends on what I have on hand.  It is still too early to have local tomatoes so I went with some good organic canned ones.
  • One  large can of organic tomatoes diced
  • Garlic scapes (optional) taking advantage of purchase at farmers market
  • Green Pepper sautéed
  • Onion sautéed
  • Fresh Basil – if not available use dried
  • Fresh Oregano if not available use dried

Put it all together

    1. Dice the green peppers and onion.
    2. In a Dutch Oven or large Cast Iron skillet. Sauté the peppers and onion in olive oil
    3. Cut the garlic scapes into smaller pieces
    4. Add the tomatoes to the pan, with the liquid
    5. Cook down the ingredients
    6. Add the fresh herbs after the tomatoes have been heated through

    This recipe can be tweaked however you like with fresh tomatoes when in season,  use garlic instead of garlic scapes. Use what is fresh and available

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest