Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Triathlon–Wordless Wednesday

This past week my two youngest participated in a triathlon.  I love that my kids do activities because they want to, not because their parents are pushing them to.  As a coach in sports I see many kids who are only playing because Mom and Dad want them to play, wither they sulk about it or try desperately to please Mom and Dad. My son begged me last year to let him do the Triathlon his sisters did last summer.
Pumpkin’s heat was an hour before Peanut’s. So everyone got to see everyone else go. Which was fun for a change.
First Pumpkin went. Then it was Peanut's turn.
IMG_5873 
IMG_5887
IMG_5891IMG_5906



IMG_5913






IMG_5868IMG_5942IMG_5958IMG_5989IMG_6016IMG_6018IMG_6027

8 comments:

Simply Delicious said...

How fun!

Choco Lava

One Rich Mother said...

I wish there was something like that near here for my kiddos. I have 2 that would LOVE it. What a really great idea. : )

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Even thought it was ridiculously hot - my two youngest really enjoyed themselves. Then they took a much needed nap in the afternoon.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

We are lucky to have two great kid Triathlons in our area. They are looking at adding a third one. I really wish they had had something like this when I was a kid. I would have loved doing it. The parks and rec departments here run them. One is very professionally done, the kids have fun and get some great gifts too.

Stacie said...

That's great - what fabulous, active kids :)

Margaret Almon said...

I think it's cool they wanted to participate. I hated gym class, and didn't understand the pleasures of moving and playing until I was an adult.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

My kids love to being active, it gets so hard here in the summer because it does get so hot though.

Anonymous said...

Came by for Wordless Wednesday! I love that your kids are doing triathalons!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest