Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In my Neck of the Woods–Roaming from Home

We have a few dogs, 4 to be exact. Hey I live on a farm and have a big old farm house. So we have room for all of them and room for them to roam.
One dog in particular decided though to roam a little from home. Did I say a little? Well maybe not soo little is a better description.
IMG_2108This spoiled pooch. Let’s call her Vanna. As in Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune has a sense of adventure. On Saturday she got out early in the morning. You see normally we only let out one dog at time to keep the mischief down to a minimum in the morning. IMG_2096But somehow she managed to get by G when he was opening the door  to let out our other lab, Latte.
Her sister came back (the black one). She did not. We waited. She has been known to roam before. She did not come back. So we searched high and low, called neighbors, put an ad on craigslist. Monday morning we got a phone call from Animal Control –two towns over. They had found her. How she got 10 miles away from home we do not know. But she is back and her little girl is happy.
IMG_4903

2 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

So happy she's home! We have (just) three dogs, so I know had the roaming can be ;)

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

She is definitely the roamer in our group. You would think that 5 acres with pond and woods would be enough for her. The rest of the dogs are happy.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest