This week we are preparing for hoards of guests to arrive and visit while preparing for an upcoming family event. So How am I going to get and keep the house clean with kids home?
I believe the house is as clean as it can be with kids but I still want to tweak a few things make the house shine. Now I am not a woman who could clean ALL DAY long, don’t get me wrong, I LOVE to organize and to decorate when I get a chance. But cleaning is not one of those things I love to do. I do however love a clean uncluttered house.
How I am Going to Clean My House 15 Minutes?
I believe the house is as clean as it can be with kids but I still want to tweak a few things make the house shine. Now I am not a woman who could clean ALL DAY long, don’t get me wrong I do like my house to be clean but I don’t enjoy cleaning.
So here is the low down on how I am going to do it.
- I will continue to do my daily chores, laundry and dishes.
- I am going to divide the house into zones.
- Great Room and Family Room
- Kitchen and Laundry
- Each Day I will set my timer and do a 15 min clean in a zone.
- Monday – Great Room and Family Room
- Tuesday – Kitchen and Laundry (deeper cleaning, this is in addition to daily chores in these rooms)
- Wednesday –Bathroom –make it pretty for guests
- Thursday – Bedrooms – Change linens, general straighten and wipe down of furniture.
- If I am still working on something when the timer goes off I will finish that job but not start a new one.
Will my house be looking like a hotel when guests arrive? Probably not, but it will look warm and inviting.
How do you prepare for company coming?