Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 5, 2011

How to Clean a House in 15 Minutes

11096vvsgfegevc
This week we are preparing for hoards of guests to arrive and visit while preparing for an upcoming family event.  So How am I going to get and keep the house clean with kids home?
I believe the house is as clean as it can be with kids but I still want to tweak a few things make the house shine. Now I am not a woman who could clean ALL DAY long,  don’t get me wrong, I LOVE to organize and to decorate when I get a chance. But cleaning is not one of those things I love to do.  I do however love a clean uncluttered house.
How I am Going to Clean My House 15 Minutes?
I believe the house is as clean as it can be with kids but I still want to tweak a few things make the house shine. Now I am not a woman who could clean ALL DAY long,  don’t get me wrong I do like my house to be clean but I don’t enjoy cleaning.
So here is the low down on how I am going to do it. 
  • I will continue to do my daily chores, laundry and dishes.
  • I am going to divide the house into zones.
    • Great Room and Family Room
    • Kitchen  and Laundry
    • Bathrooms
    • Bedrooms
  • Each Day I will set my timer and do a 15 min clean in a zone. 
    • Monday – Great Room and Family Room
    • Tuesday – Kitchen and Laundry (deeper cleaning, this is in addition to daily chores in these rooms)
    • Wednesday –Bathroom –make it pretty for guests
    • Thursday – Bedrooms – Change linens, general straighten and wipe down of furniture.
  • If I am still working on something when the timer goes off I will finish that job but not start a new one.
Will my house be looking like a hotel when guests arrive? Probably not,  but it will look warm and inviting.
How do you prepare for company coming?

5 comments:

The Preppy Student said...

Sounds like you got a plan! I love reading your blog- following back!

Jackie said...

Good luck! I try to pick up morning/night but our apartment still gets messy so fast.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

gonna try, at least with the kids enjoying day camp this week, the house has a chance at STAYING clean, until grandma gets here.

GrammaD said...

No children under 18 but I still need a plan. I like this.

pam said...

I panic lol

Pam

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest